Inspiration: Two Twenty One’s Cranberry Brie Bites (her bites are much much much prettier than mine)
- cut each puff pastry sheet into 16 pieces instead of 9 (I wanted more pieces…but that left me with some leftover puff pastry)
- REALLY stuffed each one full (Two Twenty One says: “Load these suckers up. Don’t feel like you’re over stuffing them, because you’re not. Trust me.” TRUST ME, you CAN overstuff them (see overstuffed pic))
- brushed puff pastry tops with egg wash to give them that brown glow
- due to noted point above (re: overstuffing), getting these little suckers out of the pan proved difficult (thank goodness for mini tongs!)
- puff pastry doesn’t stay flaky for long… especially in humid Hawaii weather
Conclusion: Everyone at the party I took these to loved them. I agree with Two Twenty One that these are better cool (vs warm out of the oven). This will definitely be a recipe I’ll go back to again. Enjoy!