I was pleasantly surprised (read: shocked) the other day when Sam over at thatsawesam’s Blog nominated me for the Liebster Award. Although I started this blog on 12/1/13, I never really got it off the ground until mid-March when I finally started blogging vs. only thinking of blogging. So being that I’ve only been blogging (for real) for about a month, I’m honored and grateful for this award. Thanks, Sam!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award for newish blogs with less than
500 1000 200 200-1000 followers given by newish bloggers. It’s a way to recognize other newish blogs in the community and, in turn, keep spreading the love. Being the researcher that I am, I came across many variations in the rules and decided to merge some of them together to make them work for me, hence the strikethroughs.
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
115-11 other blogs with less than 500 1000 200200-1000 followers.
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
The 11 questions I was given (and my answers):
- If you could make the most ridiculous show what would it be about? A left-brain heavy professional seeking rich right-brain balance. A Mommy to a very thoughtful son and rambunctious identical twin girls (one sweet and girlie, one book-smart and intense), wife to her high school sweetheart, and self-proclaimed wannabe hippie geek, Liane believes in researching everything (literally) and trying her best to practice less is more, the three r’s (reduce, reuse, recycle), lifelong learning, and personal growth with meraki. Oh wait, this most ridiculous show sounds familiar, doesn’t it?!? 😉
- If you could trade lives with anyone for a day who would it be? Umm… maybe one of my kids? It’d be interesting to see life through their eyes. And make sure kids are nice to them and their teachers are teaching them.
- If you could have an all expense paid trip to anywhere in the world where would it be? Definitely Japan. Been there once and would love to go back again.
- One word to describe you? Creative.
- If you had to change your url/ username to something completely not yourself what would it be? wildextrovertedrapper
- If you could be vocally gifted in one music genre what would it be? Opera for the range merged with Rock for the stress-relief.
- If you could have your own shop what would you name it? What would you sell? NaturalLi (get it? “Natural” plus my shortened name “Li” for “Liane”) and I’d sell… natural (duh?!?) products like homemade bodycare products/cleaners, baby products, clothes, and handmade jewelry made of natural stones/crystals. And, of course, everything would be packaged all pretty and with cute labels.
- What’s one of your funniest memories? Trick-or-treating with my BFFSFG (best friend forever since first grade) when we were in Intermediate school and going up to get candy from what we thought was an ugly fake farmer dressed in overalls (holding a bowl of candy) only to realize he was real after he made his hair move, threw his bowl of candy up in the air, and came chasing after us screaming girls running up the hill. We went from happy lil’ trick-or-treaters to scared shitless lil’ trick-or-treaters to laughing-so-hard-we-almost-peed-our-costumes lil’ trick-or-treaters.
- If you could make a terrifying creature to scare away annoying people what would it look like? Well, now that the ugly fake farmer dressed in overalls (see #8) is stuck in my head, I think he’d be quite terrifying and scary enough to keep annoying people away.
- If you had superpowers what would you want them to be? Definitely mind-reading, if that’s actually considered a superpower.
- Do you know any funny, but dumb jokes? Do one and answer it. No. I am THE.WORST.JOKE.TELLER.EVER. Seriously. I forget punchlines, I forget the joke, I forget how to tell it, and I even forget jokes people have told me (I’ve been known to hear a joke (again) and laugh like it’s the first time (again) that I’ve ever heard it (again).)
My fine print addition:
I apologize in advance if you already have 1000+ followers (yay you!), was already nominated (yay you!), don’t like these kind of things (I understand), don’t have time to participate (believe me, I understand), or just plain ol’ don’t wanna participate (no worries). Sorry if I didn’t nominate you and you wanted a nomination. Sorry if I did nominate you and you didn’t want a nomination. Participation is totally optional and no offense taken or meant.
My nominees (like many of my lists, these are in no particular order except alphabetical by blog name… oh, and if you can count, which I’m sure many of you can, I nominated 13 blogs since I couldn’t just stop at 5, 8, or 11… call me rebellious):
*** Edited to note: As I’m going through my nominees’ “About” pages to let them know that I have nominated them (you might wanna check out their “About” pages BEFORE you choose your nominees), MANY of them were already nominated. If this is you, please don’t feel obligated to participate. I know how much work it is and I wouldn’t want this to be one of those not-fun pains you put off until enough time has passed that you hope it/I disappear. ***
11 questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite smell?
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Why?
- Name one word to describe you.
- What song is stuck in your head right now (or what was the last song that was stuck in your head)?
- When was the last time you were nervous? Why?
- What top 3 characteristics would your ideal boss have?
- What’s something you hate doing? Why?
- Name a movie or book whose main character and/or storyline represents you or a time in your life.
- Which store would you choose for a shopping spree?
- If you had to change your username/url to something completely not yourself, what would it be?
- How do you know when something/someone is totally right for you?
Phew, I think that’s it. Have fun! 🙂